Thursday, February 14, 2008

Soapbox starts here

Sooo, I know it's not like my opinions will ever change anything, but I really hate how the entire Democratic Primary is totally contingent on one thing: the like-ability factor. Not policy differences, not character, not voting records, not the candidates' experiences . . . nobody seems to give a damn about those. . . Of course people like Obama. Just listen to the guy speak and you're in love with him/want to have his babies. Duh. (haha did I just say that out loud?) And then you have Hillary, sixty year old lady right next to him, and she's some kind of robot-machine witchy devil power monger woman that nobody really likes. Why? Because she seems fake. SEEMS FAKE. Not because of her policies, not because of what she's done in the past, nevermind that she has totally rocked pretty much every debate we've had so far, etc., NO, all of that is completely obscured by her fake cackling laughter and general bitchiness/apparent insincerity. Can we say, double-standards??

The whole mentality is pretty much summarized as so:
“Obama is just creaming Hillary. You know, all these primaries, you know. And Hillary says it’s not fair, because they’re being held in February, and February is Black History Month. And unfortunately for Hillary, there’s no White Bitch Month.”

What a crass joke. I also wish people totally ignored race and sex in elections, obviously that can never happen. And, off course, I realize that there are exceptions and not everyone is basing their decision for blue candidate of choice on trivial things, and I salute you, no matter who you support.

So she may be losing, fair and square. But she's losing for some of the most wrong and pathetic reasons in the world. Even though I feel like I'm the only Hillary fan I know, I won't join the Obama camp until I'm forced to do so. And if it comes to that point, fine. Even if I must cringe at seeing Hillary's healthcare plan escape our country's future, I'd be happy with Barack for a president. But I'd hate the outcome to be for a reason as petty as like-ability.

END SOAPBOX

In other news, three tests owned this week. woo shazaaaaam. (owned me? i owned them? no idea)
As of today, apps to four summer jobs and seven positions completed. holllllaaa
Rents come up to visit this Saturday, woo. I get to spend a night at the Arboretum and maybe shop with mommy/finalize where I'm living next year.
Things at the internship are starting to be a pain in the ass. The data I'm trying to get isn't what I'm expecting, or my reactions don't work, or when something works, there are so many more steps I need to take to confirm/wrap-up, that it's going to take me frickin forever. I was hoping to have all the data I needed by Spring Break. I'll be lucky if I have it by the end of May. Not bueno.
Tonight = catch up time. Three more apps to do, 10 page paper to start, a book to read, org- stuff, and crossing things off of my "DO THIS NOW OR DIE" list. Oh and sleep. Wateva Valentine's Day.
And then after Tuesday, things should be pretty sweet for the next two weeks. Can't wait.

I wonder how much I'd be willing to pay to go see the Clinton-Obama debate on Thurs if they end up selling tickets to students . . . that would be really ridiculously awesome, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, I've compiled a ranked list of where I want to be this summer out of the places I've applied to jobs in . . . of course, that depends on if I actually get the job there, which is a ginormous IF.

1. D.C. (by a long shot)
2. NYC
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
And if I get nothing, then I should really fill out that study abroad app . . .

Crossing my fingers!!! I wish someone would just take me already. This is driving me insane and needs to be over now. Enough already. . . these applications are like prostitution. Seriously.

No comments: