Friday, February 1, 2008

Ugh

Sometimes I feel like I get people, and then I don't.

Also, I should really be more happy with myself than I am. And I know it shouldn't take something external to make me do that. But I feel like I can't spontaneously be that way on my own. And that's stupid. I am self-sufficient damn it! I depend on nothing.

I have a love-hate relationship with Maureen Dowd's editorials. Lately, it's been siding on intense hate.

Speaking of hate, John McCain is my least favorite Republican candidate. I think I dislike him more than I disliked Giuliani, and that says a lot. If all said and done we end up with a Clinton-Obama ticket, I think I would cry uncontrollably with joy.

I can't believe its February. February is definitely not one of my favorite months, but at least the weather shouldn't be too shabby.

I guess I'm sorta getting into the swing of my schedule. I don't think my schedule hates me as much as it has previous semesters...I just sorta feel like I'm in transit a lot and it gets kinda annoying when between 18 hours of classes (all of which, I think I like so far (hooray), none of which, weirdly, are labs, and one of which is next-door to the Capitol so I have to drive over there) + meetings and such, I have to squeeze in my internship on the days I don't really have class: Wednesdays (just DS seminar) and Fridays (devo discussion section that I will undoubtedly be skipping for the rest of the semester). What I hate is having to run over to the health department and run a PCR or start a sequencing rxn etc., and then run back to campus for something, and then drive back to lab to finish up and go over stuff with my PI. If I can avoid having to do that, I'll feel like I'm wasting a lot less time, but then, that entails trying to get to the lab at 7:30 AM in the mornings so I don't have to be interrupted (when I already have 8 AMs T/Th). Gosh. Goddamn. I need my sleep or I don't function. I really hope that by end of March/early April or so, I'll have all the data I need to start writing my thesis/crank out some sort of publishable report to send through the DSHS bureaucracy. Then I can end this internship once and for all and start something new senior year. The stuff I'm doing is neat, but it's not as exciting as it was last semester, and once I do the research/get the data I need (which will hopefully happen!...research can always find a way to kick you in the ass and not turn out the way you want at all...), then I am outta there.

"Damn it feels good to be a gangsta" is stuck in my head. Gotta love it when the song stuck in your head totally doesn't jive with your mood.

I swear my planner is going to spring to life and kill me one day.
That will be how I die. No joke.

No comments: